none
Resource Sticky Permissions RRS feed

• Question

• I can't seem to remove a user/resource permissions from a project site.

I remove a user from the project plan, from the team, from the group, from all groups, and they STILL have Team Members access.  Only if I make the user INACTIVE do they lose perms.

Any ideas?

Monday, February 3, 2014 4:39 PM

All replies

• IF you have enabled  Check to automatically synchronize Project Web App users" so that all the resource who are present in Project build team get the access. 

Then 

it only syncs users to the project site that should have access based on the following rules:

1.Project managers who have published a project or who have Save Project permissions on a project are added to the Project Managers (Microsoft Project Server) site group.
    2.Team members with assignments in a project are added to the Team members (Microsoft Project Server) site group.
    3.Users who have been added to this project, but not assigned to tasks will get the Readers (Microsoft Project Server) site group.

Now if you want to remove access from project site for a resource who has team member access in the project site you have to remove that user from Project Assignment then from Project Team and need to save and publish the Project. Once you will do it sync will happen and user will get removed from Project site.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc197668(v=office.14).aspx

Need not to make user Inactive or remove access from team member group.

BUT

If you are giving Project site permission to Users Manually then you have to remove it form project site manually, Removing from project team will not work in this case.

kirtesh

Monday, February 3, 2014 6:10 PM
  • Thanks, Kirtesh, but those are exactly the steps I followed, but the user's permissions seem impossible to remove. Anyone else seen this?
    Wednesday, February 5, 2014 6:14 AM
  • Check whether user has Manage SharePoint Foundation permission checked. User who will have this permission will get access to project site.

Remove user from project and publish the project.

Remove user permission form project site manually then publish project and check whether they gets access again.

If above is not working then if possible delete the user and recreate it. Some time some behavior is unexpected and we have to do it but this is a last option.

kirtesh

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 7:58 AM