none
DPM 2012 SP1, Scheduled jobs not running RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction on how to solve this problem.

For some reason all our DPM jobs has, on the same date, stopped synchronizing.
    Status is green for every single protection group, protection groups contains SQL db's ,file shares and virtual servers.
    All jobs can be manually triggered, except for large (+500GB db's)SQL db's unless I extend the recovery point volume, then these can also be manually triggered.
    Since there has been no SQL backups for a couple of weeks and database growth is considerable, DPM says it (in Administrative events) "will fail synchronization in order to prevent existing recovery points from being deleted", and thats fine.

System log contains lots of "The DPM service terminated unexpectedly" Event-ID 7031-7034, Service behaviour: Restart the service.

Also System log: The server {27F60283-447F-4D5F-AA84-F45D09BD06EF} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout. Event-ID 10010, this started a couple of days before DPM sync stopped.

Third event from the System log is an important one I belive: "

The WinRM service is not listening for WS-Management requests. User Action
    If you did not intentionally stop the service, use the following command to see the WinRM configuration:

winrm enumerate winrm/config/listener"

I ran the command but no change and the service is up and running.

No updates has been installed on or around the actual date when jobs stopped syncronizing.

DPM is installed on a Windows 2012 Std. fully patched OS, and DPM UR7.
    Remote SQL 2008 R2 SP1

I am just in the progress of upgrading to DPM 2012 R2 and I really want to resolve this issue before going ahead with the upgrade. Maybe the upgrade will take care of the problem but it seems like a bad idea to take that path.

ANY help will be highly appreciated, thank you.

Peter Åkerblom Stockholm.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 1:30 PM

Answers

• Hi,

For troubleshooting scheduled jobs failing to run (but manually executed jobs run) check to see if the SQL agent is running, as it is responsible for running the scheduled jobs. Also open SQL management studio and review SQL Agent jobs for any failure to execute jobs

• Lastly in the registry ensure the SqlAgentAccountName and SchedulerJobOwnerName reflect the SQL Agent user account being used.

Registry path
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\Setup
    SqlAgentAccountName and SchedulerJobOwnerName

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards,Dwayne Jackson II. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights."

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 2:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

For troubleshooting scheduled jobs failing to run (but manually executed jobs run) check to see if the SQL agent is running, as it is responsible for running the scheduled jobs. Also open SQL management studio and review SQL Agent jobs for any failure to execute jobs

• Lastly in the registry ensure the SqlAgentAccountName and SchedulerJobOwnerName reflect the SQL Agent user account being used.

Registry path
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\Setup
    SqlAgentAccountName and SchedulerJobOwnerName

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards,Dwayne Jackson II. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights."

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 2:00 PM
  • Dwayne,  thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Problem solved, actually it was my fault to begin with. Due to a new company policy I changed the account for the various SQL services but did not give the account all the proper permissions.

As soon as this was corrected and the DPM server was rebooted, jobs started to syncronize again :-)

I really appreciate you help!

One might think that this error should have triggered som alarms, we do have a SCOM agent on the DPM server.

Peter Åkerblom Stockholm.

Thursday, October 2, 2014 7:09 AM