none
Free/Busy information not working Outlook 2013 Exchange 2010 coexist Exchange 2016

Question

• At a customer i'm busy with a migration from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2016. I've install Exchange 2016 setup everything en everthing looks ok.

All internal and external websites are set correctly and there is a Wildcard certificad assigned to IIS. No problem so far.

Only when i change the autodiscover dns records to the new Exchange 2016 envirionment we are getting strange issues.

After the change of the DNS record Outlook 2013 clients can not see the free busy information of there colleagues. The strange thing is that there are a lot of Outlook 2013 clients who have no problems at all. All mailboxes are still on Exchange 2010. When i have a mailbox on Exchange 2016 i can see all free/busy info of the Exchange 2010 mailboxen. The strange thing is that mailboxes who have full access on there agenda's have no problems and de mailboxes with the default rights have the problem. When we change the autodiscover dns records back to the Exchange 2010 envirionment then the issues are gone. I have ran severall test on the envirionment and everything looks ok.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 6:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried to create a new profile for these problematic users after the Autodiscover DNS changed?

To narrow down the issue for those Exchange 2010 mailboxes, please open OWA for them, confirm if they can view the free/busy information in OWA. It would help to confirm if the Availability service (Exchange Web Service) is configured properly in server side.

If the free/busy information can work fine in OWA for these users, the issue might be related to the Autodiscover service in Outlook side. Please create a new Outlook profile for Outlook 2013 users to force a Exchange service data update. To do it, please go to Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles > Add, then setup this problematic account in new profile. Set "When starting Microsoft Outlook, use this profile: Prompt for a profile to be used". Use this new profile and confirm if the issue can be fixed.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 13, 2017 2:58 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates on the issue? Have you tried my suggestions above?

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 21, 2017 9:39 AM