none
Office 365 Project Portfolio Dashboard Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

We are using Project Online, and from yesterday onwards we are facing the below issue message while accessing the "Office 365 Project Portfolio Dashboard Issue" App.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem loading Projects Error: SyntaxError: Expected ']'
    Problem loading Projects Error: An error occurred while processing this request.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Administrator for Project Web App
    Portfolio Manager for Project Web App
    Portfolio Viewer for Project Web App

We were accessing the report previously without any issue, and we have added the users in the above group for accessing the portfolio dashboard, from yesterday onwards we are facing the error message. 

The Options I tried out were:

1) Search for the special character in the Project's view (Project Center) and I don't find any miscellaneous data in it.

2) Deleted the App from the Content page and recreate the same.

Note: When we connected to the Power BI, we are not able to see the data for "Projects" Table, when I selected the "Projects" Table I am getting the below error message. I am thinking that this both may interrelated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DataSource.Error: OData: An error occurred while processing this request.
    Details:
        DataSourceKind=OData

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you.

-SNKBalaji

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 1:20 AM

Answers

• Dear All,

We have created a custom field "Project ID" :( in the environment, which is giving the multiple ProjectID fields in the Project environment and throwing out the error message. Contacted MS Support and got fixed. Thanks

-SNKBalaji

• Edited by SNKBALAJI Friday, May 12, 2017 10:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by SNKBALAJI Friday, July 28, 2017 6:55 AM
    Friday, May 12, 2017 10:26 AM

All replies

• Dear All,

When I refresh the Portfolio dashboard, its showing the error message icon under the Quick launch when I click the icon, I can see the below error message.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem loading Projects Error: An error occurred while processing this request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Later it is populating the below error message

Problem loading Projects Error: SyntaxError: Expected ']'

Thanks...

-SNKBalaji

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 12:23 AM
  • Dear All,

Just an update on this issue, When I try to refresh the OOTB report "Project Overview" connection in Project online, I am getting the below error message, seems to be all the three were interrelated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We couldn't refresh the connection 'OData Assignments Data',  Here's the error message we got: 

The remote server returned an error (403) Forbidden

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you.

-SNKBalaji

Monday, May 8, 2017 7:21 AM
  • Dear All,

I dont see the projects when I pass the url in the IE, https://<tenant / PWA site URL>/_api/ProjectData/Projects

This might be the cause for this issue? Thanks.

-SNKBalaji

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 3:04 AM
  • Dear All,

We have created a custom field "Project ID" :( in the environment, which is giving the multiple ProjectID fields in the Project environment and throwing out the error message. Contacted MS Support and got fixed. Thanks

-SNKBalaji

• Edited by SNKBALAJI Friday, May 12, 2017 10:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by SNKBALAJI Friday, July 28, 2017 6:55 AM
    Friday, May 12, 2017 10:26 AM