none
Event 21006 - The OpsMgr Connector could not connect to opsmgrserver:5723 RRS feed

• Question

• We have two Windows 2008 R2 servers with System Center Operations Manager 2012 R2 RU2 installed. From time to time, several dozen (but not all) servers are greyed out in Operations Managers and the server itself tells you it can't connect to the management server:

The OpsMgr Connector could not connect to RMSSERVER.domain.com:5723.  The error code is 10060L(A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.).  Please verify there is network connectivity, the server is running and has registered it's listening port, and there are no firewalls blocking traffic to the destination.

The event is correct because even a telnet to port 5723 does not give any response! When we restart the System Data Access Service everything is working fine again for a couple of days (e.g. 8 days).

We have noticed the issue on both servers at the same time, but also on one of the two servers. 

There is no firewall between the OpsMgr servers and the clients and there is no security software running on the OpsMgr management servers. I have checked the SPN records but those are all there and looking good:

C:\Users\admin>setspn -l opsmgr1
    Registered ServicePrincipalNames for CN=opsmgr1,OU=System Center,OU=Servers,OU=IT Management,DC=company,DC=local:
            MSOMSdkSvc/opsmgr1.company.local
            MSOMSdkSvc/opsmgr1
            MSOMHSvc/opsmgr1.company.local
            MSOMHSvc/opsmgr1
            TERMSRV/opsmgr1.company.local
            WSMAN/opsmgr1.company.local
            RestrictedKrbHost/opsmgr1.company.local
            HOST/opsmgr1.company.local
            TERMSRV/opsmgr1
            WSMAN/opsmgr1
            RestrictedKrbHost/opsmgr1
            HOST/opsmgr1

I noticed the issue is there from the beginning so i can not relate it to a particular change.

Anyone have good suggestions other then creating a call with Microsoft :).

• Edited by MD_1977 Monday, June 2, 2014 1:25 PM typo
    Monday, June 2, 2014 1:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi MD_1977

I have seen this once when dealing with ipv6. Check the last post here: http://www.systemcentercentral.com/forums-archive/topic/after-manually-approving-scom-agent-its-showing-as-not-monitored/

www.coretech.dk - blog.coretech.dk

Monday, June 2, 2014 1:34 PM
  • Any error log on Management Server?

Roger

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 2:54 AM
  • @Michael, thanks for your suggestion. I read the post and checked but I don't think our issue is IPv6 related. On both SCOM servers however IPv6 is enabled but not configured. 

@Roger. There are just a few error events on the Management Servers but none seems to be related to this issue. Are you thinking of something particular?

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 6:24 AM
  • Hi,

Based on my understanding, the possible cause of this issue should has to do with network packet issues or routing issue.  Please do a netmon capture and have it analyzed to find the root cause.

As after restarting the System Data Access Service, then everything is working fine again for a couple of days. It seems like that your network is not stable. Please also try to update your network drivers.

Regards,

Yan Li

Regards, Yan Li

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 9:00 AM
  • HI,

when it happens, do a tracert from the affected servers to the RMS and see if the route differs from the time that the tracert is taken when the server monitoring is working fine.

Blog: http://theinfraguys.com

Follow me at Facebook The Infra Guys Facebook Page

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the answer if it helps you in anyway

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 1:21 PM
  • Servers are in the same subnet, no much routing though :) (names and IP addresses are anonymized):

Windows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : OPSMGR1 Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : company.local Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : company.local Ethernet adapter VI01LAN22: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Description . . . . . . . . . . . : vmxnet3 Ethernet Adapter Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00 DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2925:33de:a3e0:6b38%14(Preferred) IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 10.1.1.1(Preferred) Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.1.1.254 DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 285233238 DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-18-4A-83-BF-00-50-56-99-71-F2 DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.1.2.1 10.1.2.2 NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled C:\Users\admin>ping OPSMGR2.company.local Pinging OPSMGR2.company.local [10.1.1.2] with 32 bytes of data: Reply from 10.1.1.2: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128 Reply from 10.1.1.2: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128 Reply from 10.1.1.2: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128 Reply from 10.1.1.2: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128 Ping statistics for 10.1.1.2: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss), Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms C:\Users\admin>tracert OPSMGR2.company.local Tracing route to OPSMGR2.company.local [10.1.1.2] over a maximum of 30 hops: 1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms OPSMGR2.company.local [10.1.1.2] Trace complete. C:\Users\admin> C:\Users\admin>telnet OPSMGR2.company.local 5723 Connecting To OPSMGR2.company.local...Could not open connection to the host, on port 5723: Connect failed C:\Users\admin>

• Edited by MD_1977 Wednesday, June 4, 2014 1:40 PM
    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 1:39 PM
  • Hi,

I would like to suggest you check out whether those server were listed under Pending Management. If so, please approve them first.

Regards, Yan Li

Thursday, June 5, 2014 1:55 AM
  • For this issue "21006", you can check below links

http://thoughtsonopsmgr.blogspot.com/2012_04_01_archive.html

http://www.nullskull.com/q/10409996/event-id-21006-error-code-11001l-event-source-opsmgr-connector.aspx

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer" Mai Ali | My blog: Technical | Twitter: Mai Ali

Sunday, June 8, 2014 11:40 AM