0xc000007b error. But... VCredist does not work! RRS feed

• Question

• I have common error 0xc000007b which usualy means, some of vcredst is not installed... But... For me this solution simply does not working... I reinstalled, this many times and i starting getting tired. And i don't know what i need to do...

If it's important, i use windows 10 on PC with:

I3 6100

16 GB RAM

ATI Radeon 5770

• Edited by Red_Fedora Monday, September 19, 2016 9:02 AM
    • Edited by ZigZag3143x Tuesday, September 20, 2016 12:49 AM Removed profanity
    Monday, September 19, 2016 9:01 AM

Answers

• Hi Red_Fedora,

When did you start to get this error message? Have you made any modifications to the machine before?

"0xc000007b" usually means "The application or DLL %hs is not a valid Windows image."
    As Mr happy suggested, we could try to run "sfc /scannow" or "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" to check the health of system files.

If the issue occurred after installing a specific application, please ensure it is compatible with Windows 10. Try a different installation package.

If the issue occurred recently and if the system restore is available, we could recover the machine to a previous normal point.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 7:03 AM

All replies

• Make sure Window is up to date, check Settings > Update & security then Check for settings. Repeat that until no updates.

See System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot (by Team ZigZag) offers advice running those command as a basic check of the system, follow that guide.

When does this error come up? What are you doing to see this error appear?

Monday, September 19, 2016 10:52 PM
  • Thanks for the heads up.  Profanity removed

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 12:49 AM
  • Hi Red_Fedora,

When did you start to get this error message? Have you made any modifications to the machine before?

"0xc000007b" usually means "The application or DLL %hs is not a valid Windows image."
    As Mr happy suggested, we could try to run "sfc /scannow" or "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" to check the health of system files.

If the issue occurred after installing a specific application, please ensure it is compatible with Windows 10. Try a different installation package.

If the issue occurred recently and if the system restore is available, we could recover the machine to a previous normal point.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 7:03 AM