Error when open management console , Get-CsServerApplication : Login failed for user RRS feed

• Question

• hi , i just finished install SFB after 1515648948 try :) , now when i open the console management i see this error :

Get-CsServerApplication : Login failed for user domain\skype$  ,,, skype$ is the name of the PC not the user , what i troed :

1- add the computer to all CST groups , all groups related to skype

2- rebuild the topology with no error

3- update DB

4- when i open powershell and run the command it's work fine with no error ,,

whats the problem ?

Osma Othman

Thursday, March 8, 2018 10:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Osama123,

Could you give me more information about the “install SFB after 1515648948” and “open the console management”

When you open the SFB management shell or SFB control pannel, will you get this issue?

If you want to use SFB management shell to check the servers, your account must be a member of RTCUniversalServerReadOnlyGroup or RTCUniversalServerAdmins group. I recommended you add user into RTCUniversalServerAdmins group and test it again.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 9, 2018 7:50 AM
  • already added my user and other admin also to all groups , i think the problem is that the Skype server is trying to use the computer account !! as you can see in the below picture , this is the computer name for the server with $

Osma Othman

Sunday, March 11, 2018 7:25 AM

• Osma Othman

Sunday, March 11, 2018 8:13 AM
  • Hi Osma,

Please try to login SFB server 's account is same with login SFB control panel's account.

Change another server ,use the browser to visit the SFB control panel with SFB administrator account,if this problem will disappear?

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 10:20 AM
  • Hi ,

Do you have some updates?if the reply help to you ,please mark the reply as answer.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Thursday, March 15, 2018 10:36 AM
  • thank for your help , but the problem that is the skype is using the computer account not the user account , so if you login with any user you wtill getting the same error message :

Get-CsServerApplication : Login failed for user 'domain\ASFSKYPE$'.

ASFSKYPE is the computer name ( skype server ) 

Osma Othman

Thursday, March 15, 2018 1:58 PM
  • Hi Osama123,

1.Could you get some error event ID in front end server?

2.Did you deploy the Enterprise SFB server ? if so, please check account that login the backend databse have been the member of groups

CSAdministrator

CSServerAdministrator

RTCComponentUniversalServers

RTCViewOnlyAdministrator

RTCHSUniversalServices

RTCUniversalConfigReplicator

RTCUniversalReadOnlyAdmins

RTCUniversalServerAdmins

3.check the CMS replication status

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Monday, March 19, 2018 9:32 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 9:05 AM
  • Hi ,

Do you have some updates?if the reply help to you ,please mark the reply as answer.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 10:22 AM
  • Hello Team, 

We are facing similar issue for a newly introduced Skype for business Pool . In the control panel it says get-csuser() error . and nothing displays. If some one has any directions , its appreciated. 

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Monday, June 18, 2018 11:09 AM
  • I was having the same issue on a SFB 2015 CU10 installation. I added the computer account to the RTC security groups (any group that already had another computer group from the topology in it) and the issue immediately went away. Please ensure your AD is replicated in case the DC you added the groups to has not replicated to the DC the server is hitting.
    Thursday, March 12, 2020 5:57 PM