Can`t keep my computer on line RRS feed

• Question

1. Right in the middle of working online a popup will show up, Internet Explorer Has Disconected. Than a few seconds later it will Reconect. This is so HIGH STRESS LEAVEL! I tryed Restore, NO HELP. I tryed Trouble Shoot, NO HELP. I called my server,Comcast.net, No Help. Sometimes my( Dell INSPIRON 14, running Windows 7/Vista )  will stay on line as I surf. As long as 10 mins. This is so frustraiting. I can`t afford Geek Squad or Dell Troubleshooter, so could some one PLEASE HELP? OH!  I run Trend Micro AntiVirus and i have not been invaded, in 3 yrs. Thank You
    Monday, August 22, 2011 9:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, I suggest to perform these tests to troubleshoot the issue:

1 Logon with Safe Mode with networking to see if the same issue occurs.

2 If the PC connect with a router, bypass it.

3 Temporally disable firewall and antivirus program.

4 Update NIC driver, also update BIOS to the latest version.

Furthermore, if it is possible, check if this issue occur with all PCs. And you can try to create another user and login for test.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Thursday, September 1, 2011 9:48 AM
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 7:21 AM
  • Do this, if you have not already.

Turn-off and unplug everything. Now plug-in the cable modem. Wait until you have all of the lights.

Then plug or turn on a router or switch if you are using it.

Finally, start the computer and connect.

If this is a wireless connection, check the area for any other devices that may be causing interference, other cordless telephones, wireless audio systems, etc.

Most often though, the problem that you describe is caused by the drivers for the network adapter requiring an update. Have someone assist you in checking if you cannot.

Friday, August 26, 2011 12:22 PM
  • It's a laptop?  You're connecting wirelessly?

Keep in mind it's using a radio to connect.  Things like cordless phones and microwave ovens can and do interfere with wireless connections.  Also, you might just have low signal levels because you're a long way from the router or have something substantial between you and the router.  Try moving the router to a new location.

-Noel

Sunday, August 28, 2011 9:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, I suggest to perform these tests to troubleshoot the issue:

1 Logon with Safe Mode with networking to see if the same issue occurs.

2 If the PC connect with a router, bypass it.

3 Temporally disable firewall and antivirus program.

4 Update NIC driver, also update BIOS to the latest version.

Furthermore, if it is possible, check if this issue occur with all PCs. And you can try to create another user and login for test.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 7:21 AM
  • Do this, if you have not already.

Turn-off and unplug everything. Now plug-in the cable modem. Wait until you have all of the lights.

Then plug or turn on a router or switch if you are using it.

Finally, start the computer and connect.

If this is a wireless connection, check the area for any other devices that may be causing interference, other cordless telephones, wireless audio systems, etc.

Most often though, the problem that you describe is caused by the drivers for the network adapter requiring an update. Have someone assist you in checking if you cannot.

Friday, August 26, 2011 12:22 PM
  • It's a laptop?  You're connecting wirelessly?

Keep in mind it's using a radio to connect.  Things like cordless phones and microwave ovens can and do interfere with wireless connections.  Also, you might just have low signal levels because you're a long way from the router or have something substantial between you and the router.  Try moving the router to a new location.

-Noel

Sunday, August 28, 2011 9:52 AM