Vista Home Premium error message 0x8007007A RRS feed

• Question

• Had to perform a full destructive recovery of windows vista. Backed up all my files onto an external hard drive first thinking I could restore them using the backup/restore facility. More fool me, all I get is an error message as follows "Unexpected error, the data area passed to a system call is too small (0x8007007A) Backup will now close. I am only a layman when it comes to IT...I just expect a computer to do what it's supposed to! I can see the zipped backup of my files on the external hard drive and windows aknowledges they exist, it's so frustrating. Can anybody tell me how to get my files back, either restoring the backup to my computer or opening the files for access on the external drive, in simple terms please.  
    Monday, February 14, 2011 11:47 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Do you have enough hard drive for recovering backups? What kind of backup it was, file backup or image backup?

Please install the latest Windows update and try again.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, February 18, 2011 6:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you have enough hard drive for recovering backups? What kind of backup it was, file backup or image backup?

Please install the latest Windows update and try again.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, February 18, 2011 6:26 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for answering.

Yes I have enough hard drive.....I think!

It was just a standard backup of all my personal files (not all the software) letters, photos, video's, emails etc. All standard stuff for a moderate user like me! I have re-installed all my application software with no problems. I am installing the latest windows updates. 

Steve
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 1:08 PM