none
SSAS Source - Column selection lost when modifying an existing "Add Item" step RRS feed

• Question

• When developing a Power Query query on an SSAS source, I often need to edit an existing "add items" step in order to add a few columns that I had initially missed out. To do this, I point to the step previously created and click on the small gear icon to edit it.

However, when doing so, the edit dialogue is not initialised with all the columns that I had previously selected. Which means that if I am not careful and do not scrupulously recheck every column that I need, the modification will destroy what I had created before.

Inserting another step rather than modifying an existing one might be a workaround,  but I would rather keep the number of steps to the minimum. Also, if there is an edit button, one should be able to rely on it.

Has anyone experienced the same issue?

PQ Version: 2.18.3874.242 - Excel 2013 32bits.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 5:56 PM

Answers

• This is a known issue that will be resolved in an upcoming release.

A work-around for now when using the UI builder to edit a selection is to expand dimensions that had an attribute added from it before dismissing the dialog.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 6:15 PM