none
Why does IE10 use Google Chrome Frame RRS feed

• Question

• After the download and installation of Internet Explorer 10, I suddenly started seeing Google Chrome Frame being used to display certain pages.  Previous versions of Internet Explorer never needed this add-on.  Now Google Chrome is telling me they are discontinuing this add-on and to download and install the latest browser.  IE10 IS the latest browser from Microsoft.  I am running Windows 7 as my operating system.  Why is IE10 using this add-on when previous versions that I used did not use it?

Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:20 AM

Answers

• Hi,

From your description, it seems that you have perform some specially settings when installing IE10 and customize the browser you use.

Detailed information about customizing Internet Explorer 10, please refer to the following article:

Customizing Internet Explorer 10

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj822317.aspx

If you don’t want to use it, you can disable Google Chrome Frame plug-in in IE to restore default settings.

Just go to "Tools -> Manage Add-ons".

select "ChromeFrame BHO" and click on "Disable" button.

Restart IE and it'll stop using Google Chrome Frame.

Regards,

Yolanda

Friday, August 23, 2013 8:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

the Chrome Frame BHO is 'killed' in IE9 and higher.... you should never see it invoked by a web page in IE9 and higher, even though it appears in the IE9 Addons Manager.

Perhaps it has been installed on your machine without your knowledge....Carefully read the instructions when installing software.

IE11 Preview is available for download from MS....

It uses a userAgent string that looks like webkit and firefox to web servers and client scripts. See the IE Developer center on MSDN for developer details.

IE11 FAQ

Rob^_^

Thursday, August 22, 2013 10:18 AM
  • Hi,

From your description, it seems that you have perform some specially settings when installing IE10 and customize the browser you use.

Detailed information about customizing Internet Explorer 10, please refer to the following article:

Customizing Internet Explorer 10

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj822317.aspx

If you don’t want to use it, you can disable Google Chrome Frame plug-in in IE to restore default settings.

Just go to "Tools -> Manage Add-ons".

select "ChromeFrame BHO" and click on "Disable" button.

Restart IE and it'll stop using Google Chrome Frame.

Regards,

Yolanda

Friday, August 23, 2013 8:26 AM