new-cmsecondarysite - Site is not healthy RRS feed

• Question

• Im trying to deploy a new secondary site using the new configuration manager powershell modules.

Im running the following code

$targetserver = "server.domain.com"
    $sccmsitecode = "P01"
    $newCMSitecode = "S01"
    $CMSecFriendlyName = "New Secondary Site"
    $instpath = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager"

#calculate certificate expiration date
    $StartTime = [DateTime]::Now.ToUniversalTime()
    $EndTime = $StartTime.AddYears(25)

$SQLSetting = New-CMSqlServerSetting -copySQLServerExpressOnSecondarySite -SqlServerServiceBrokerPort 4022 -SqlServerServicePort 1433

$instsource = New-CMInstallationSourceFile -CopyFromParentSiteServer

New-CMSecondarySite -SiteCode $newCMSitecode -ServerName $targetserver -SiteName $CMSecFriendlyName -InstallationFolder $instpath -ParentSiteCode $sccmsitecode -SqlServerSetting $SQLSetting -certificateexpirationtimeutc $endtime -MinFreeSpaceMB 50 -EnableAnonymous $true -Http -InstallationSourceFile $instsource -InstallInternetServer $true

The site appears in SCCM and shows that it is installing and eventually the secondary site install shows that it has installed successfully. the configmanager setup log on the secondary site shows a successful deployment. Upon closer inspection there are no monitoring or status messages registered for the site. When i try to view the properties of the distribution point for the site server i get the following error

Is there something I'm missing? or is this a bug with the way the command does the site install?

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 11:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I can confirm it also that something is wrong with the Configuration Manager New-CMSecondarySite cmdlet. I get the same error.

Best,

Kaido Järvemets

Configuration Manager 2012 SDK

CM12SDK.net

Thursday, June 13, 2013 6:38 AM
  • it seems simply running the remove-cmdistributionpoint point and recreating it using the add-cmdistributionpoint commandlets seems to fix it up.
    Monday, June 17, 2013 9:53 AM