none
Approved Timesheet task update not appearing in PWA after checkin and publish in 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I haven't received a response to my question below that was posted on May 23 and was wondering if anyone has some insight...

In Project Online 2016, I added actual work to a task via the Timesheet and sent it for approval. For the project mgr the task appeared accurately in the preview mode, the task update was approved, the project was checked in, and it was published. However, the actual hours task update does not appear in PWA so work completed still shows 0%. What am I missing?

Thank you in advance!

• Edited by j9g Wednesday, June 15, 2016 2:49 PM
    Monday, May 23, 2016 8:38 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I still have not received an answer and have not resolved this on my own. Thank you for any insight....

Monday, September 19, 2016 4:13 PM
  • Hi,

It could be due to many reasons. You should look in the queue to see if the approval job abd the publish job have been processed successfully. Also check in the history page of the approval center the approval status.

Then also open the project in MS Project Pro to check the actual work on the task.

For example, the project might be in "checkin pending" status for the PM so the publish couldn't be performed. 

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 7:09 AM
  • Hi,

I apologize, I just don't have time to go back to this right now. I did try several times with several different tasks in different projects with no success.  If it does turn out to be pilot error my opinion is that MS' design of this PWA process is fundamentally not OK. For now, our employees will update tasks using only the Tasks page and will use the Timesheet only for administrative time.

Thank you.

Monday, October 3, 2016 5:14 PM
  • Hello j9g

Did you select "Single Entry Mode" in the Timesheet Settings and Defaults page? (Server Settings)

Hope this helps

Gérard Ducouret [Project MVP], Certifié Project 70632, Certifié ITIL

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 6:07 PM
  • Hi,

Could you please check the History-->Status Update from the Approvals page. Even though the status manager had approved the task update, it might be still "unpublished" you can check the history. 

If the task update is still unpublished, select the update and click publish.

Then Publish the project plan to see the actual hours against the task.

Monday, October 17, 2016 10:14 AM