none
DPM 2012 R2 UR 4 cannot connect to W2k3 Workgroup server RRS feed

• Question

• Good day

I have 2 Windows 2003 R2 SP2 (32 bit) servers in a workgroup outside our domain, and I have to back them up using DPM.

The DP server is running Windows server 2012 R2.  DPM is 2012 R2 UR 4.

I have installed successfully the 32 bit DPM agent on the w2k3 machines.  I have used the setdpmservername.exe app to create the user account, the firewall exception rules, and the connection to the DPM server.

When running the script Attach-NonDomainServer.ps1 on the DPM server, I get the following errors:

There is failure while attaching production server

[path]\Attach-NonDomainServer.ps1: The credentials specified for server [servername] are invalid.

Now, I have made sure I have the correct credentials for the server.  I can also see that the DPM server can connect to the server properly (firewall is not blocking inbound or outbound).  I can browse the C:\ drive from each server using the other (after entering the proper credentials).

I have seen previous posts mentioning trying to connect to the server using wmic or sc, but since the server is not part of the same domain this does not work.  None of the other tips in those threads helped.

DCOM is activated on the servers.

Do anybody have any idea how I can get DPM to connect to the servers?  I<ve just about ran out of options.

Thursday, December 3, 2015 8:53 PM