admin account under steady state control should not see dialog box at logout RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a steady state user account, which has admin permissions as windows xp user. I have disk protection ON. When this user logs off the dialog box appears asking wether to save the changes to disk or not. I could not find an option to switch this dialog box off under the general settings for a steady state user. Is there a way to do that? Thx for helping and greetings from Austria.
    Thursday, August 21, 2008 2:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can remove bubble.exe from HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run, and instead add it to HKCU\...\Run for the users you do want to display these notifications to.  Bubble.exe is responsible for showing notifications that warn users to save files somewhere safe when WDP is on or when their profiles are locked, for showing warning messages when the WDP cache file fills past a certain threshold value, and for prompting administrators if they would like to commit changes when they logoff/shutdown/restart.

Thanks,

Rob

Sunday, August 24, 2008 6:19 AM