Restricting access to Site Content & Structure page RRS feed

• Question

• In our scenario, we want to restrict access to "Site Content & Structure" page for all users.

since user accessing the content can probably delete lists or any important content.

Is there any way to have such restriction?

This page doesnt inherit from a masterpage, hence we are not able have any custom, restriction on the masterpage too.

Could any one help us please?

Yogesh Lotlikar
    Yogesh Lotlikar
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Even if you hide the manage content and structure link by following some posts it will not stop the functionality.

A user with prior sharepoint knowledge can add _layouts/SiteManager.aspx and can reach out to here.

To avoid important contents from being modified I suggest you to create proper permissions levels and apply or else create a web application level policy.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Friday, September 16, 2011 5:37 AM

All replies

• Hit up Bing with "hide manage content and structure".  There's plenty of skinned cats there.

Long and short is that SharePoint will respect the permissions that the user possesses.  So, if they're read only, they can't delete stuff.

Steve Clark, MCTS | Twin-Soft.com
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 1:03 PM
  • Yeah I would go down the path of editing the site actions menu

http://blog.avanadeadvisor.com/blogs/marcorizzi/archive/2008/07/23/11483.aspx

KS
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:59 PM
  • Hi,

Even if you hide the manage content and structure link by following some posts it will not stop the functionality.

A user with prior sharepoint knowledge can add _layouts/SiteManager.aspx and can reach out to here.

To avoid important contents from being modified I suggest you to create proper permissions levels and apply or else create a web application level policy.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Friday, September 16, 2011 5:37 AM