none
Custom MasterPage not getting applied in Firefox - works fine in IE,Chrome and Safari RRS feed

• Question

• My Custom MasterPage not getting applied in Firefox - works fine in IE,Chrome and Safari

None of the changes are visible in firefox although I can see the changes in all the other browsers.

I have checked to make sure that I have published a major version of all my styles,images and masterpages.

Friday, January 28, 2011 10:32 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Generally speaking, the main difference between different browsers is in the following aspects:

1. Parse for JavaScript.

2. Support for CSS

So you should check the JavaScript and CSS compatibility in your project according to your situation.

For an example, which kind of change is made while it doesn’t work in Firefox? Then you can concentrate on checking those changes in JavaScript and CSS.

Or maybe you need to ask for help from professional engineer on CSS or JavaScript.

Microsoft Online Community Support
    • Marked as answer by KeFang Chen Thursday, February 3, 2011 2:10 AM
    Monday, January 31, 2011 8:36 AM

All replies

• Is it a cache issue?  Did you try opening and closing the web browser?

Gary

Gary Newman MCSE, MCT, CCNA MCDBA, MCAD, MCSA MCTS SharePoint 2007 Dev & Admin MCPD SharePoint 2010 Development
    Friday, January 28, 2011 11:03 PM
  • Hi,

Generally speaking, the main difference between different browsers is in the following aspects:

1. Parse for JavaScript.

2. Support for CSS

So you should check the JavaScript and CSS compatibility in your project according to your situation.

For an example, which kind of change is made while it doesn’t work in Firefox? Then you can concentrate on checking those changes in JavaScript and CSS.

Or maybe you need to ask for help from professional engineer on CSS or JavaScript.

Microsoft Online Community Support
    • Marked as answer by KeFang Chen Thursday, February 3, 2011 2:10 AM
    Monday, January 31, 2011 8:36 AM