none
Rollback IE 11 to IE 10 on Windows 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• I have seen old posts in regards to the referenced topic. I was not sure this is still the case.  All new PCs has Windows 8.1 and I could not find a way to downgrade IE 11 to IE 10 due to some of my work websites not being compatible on the latest version of 11.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 12:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

use Enterprise Mode to emulate IE10 behaviors/features on your IE11. The IE10 RTM distributables have been withdrawn from MSDN and TechNet CDN's.

see also Compatibility changes in IE11 - you should ask your coders and contractors to code to accepted (candidate recommendations) standards.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 11:28 PM
  • Hi,

Internet Explorer 11 is the base level of browsing functionality for Windows 8.1. We cannot downgrade it to Internet Explorer 10.

As Rob said, you could use Compatibility view setting to load that website as previous Internet Explorer mode.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 7:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

use Enterprise Mode to emulate IE10 behaviors/features on your IE11. The IE10 RTM distributables have been withdrawn from MSDN and TechNet CDN's.

see also Compatibility changes in IE11 - you should ask your coders and contractors to code to accepted (candidate recommendations) standards.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 11:28 PM
  • Hi,

Internet Explorer 11 is the base level of browsing functionality for Windows 8.1. We cannot downgrade it to Internet Explorer 10.

As Rob said, you could use Compatibility view setting to load that website as previous Internet Explorer mode.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 7:17 AM