Windows 7 and PhotoImpact X3, UAC Always comes up on program start RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the latest version of Ulead PhotoImpact (X3) on Windows 7RC. Every time I start PI, the UAC pops up and asks me if I want to allow this program to modify my computer. This is an annoying nuisance. There Has to be a way to tell windows this program is OK so it stops asking this every time. The only way I've found to make it stop is to move the UAC slider to "Never Notify". This obviously is NOT the solution because now I won't get any notifications. What I need is some way to "white list" this program.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Corel was useless when I called them. As soon as they heard I was using Windows 7 they refused to talk to me any further citing "that program is not supported on that OS". Nor would they tell me if they knew of the issue or if I could count on it being fixed by the time Win 7 was released in October.
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 3:56 PM

Answers

• There isn't a whitelist for UAC - if the program accesses protected resources, UAC will ask for permission if it is running.  Did the program exhibit the same behavior in VIsta with UAC enabled? 
    -Matt
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 10:04 PM

All replies

• There isn't a whitelist for UAC - if the program accesses protected resources, UAC will ask for permission if it is running.  Did the program exhibit the same behavior in VIsta with UAC enabled? 
    -Matt
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 10:04 PM
  • Don't know...

1) I never used Vista. Went from Xp to Win 7
    2) Did not use this version on XP. The version I had on XP did not work properly on Win 7, so I upgraded to this version for use with Win 7 (since it said it worked with Vista).
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 10:14 PM