none
How do i pass parameters from One analitycal chart into another in the same Dashbaoard RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have strange problem, but has been asked by a lot of customers.

I have a  PPS Dashboard with 1 Filter and 2 Analytical Charts placed one below the other.

I am able to link the Filter Value 2 both the Analytical Charts and on change of the filter value the 2 analytical charts are getting refreshed to display the required value.

But this is were i am facing a problem,

Lets call it chart 1 and chart2 , which are the analytical charts on the Dashboard.

Chart 1 : Plots a Bar Charts with $ Spend value on  y-Axis and Category on X-axis
    Chart 2: Plots the  $ spend value on Y axis (For all categories) and Months (Jan, Feb etc..) on the X - Axis. (Again A bar chart)

The Functionality I want is:

when the user clicks on Category1 (from X-axis), the Chart 2 should refresh plotting the same graph but only for Category1.

In simple:

I want to know, how do i capture the value from one analytical chart when clicked and send it as an input (Filter) to another chart in the same Dashboard.

Regards
    Suraj Prabhu
    Consultant
    Hewlett Packard

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 11:50 AM

Answers

• As per my knowledge it is not possible to pass any values directly from one Analytic Chart to another.

It's because a Analytic Chart can only be an endpoint in a link. It can never be the starting point. We can have filters and Scorecards as starting point but not an Analytic Chart.

I am not sure of any other work around for this problem

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 12:13 PM

All replies

• As per my knowledge it is not possible to pass any values directly from one Analytic Chart to another.

It's because a Analytic Chart can only be an endpoint in a link. It can never be the starting point. We can have filters and Scorecards as starting point but not an Analytic Chart.

I am not sure of any other work around for this problem

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 12:13 PM
  • In this release you cannot create outgoing filter links from a report item in a dashboard. This is a heavily requested item that the PPS team are aware of. With any luck we'll see it in a future version.

Cheers,

Nick

Thursday, February 14, 2008 9:25 PM