none
exchange 2010 smtp send connector wont create RRS feed

• Question

• hi

My exchange server 2010 lost it's smtp send connector, and i am un able to recreate it

can any one tell me how it should look in adsi edit so I can try to shoe horn it in

Sunday, March 11, 2012 12:21 PM

Answers

• I'm not sure what you have changed on adsi edit, but it seems like the server is half functional. Not sure what state the server is in now.  Recovering the server may be diffcult if configs have been deleted from AD, so I suggest that you deploy the latest SP2 if you haven't got this already and then try again.

Sukh

• Proposed as answer by Shabarinath Sunday, March 11, 2012 5:26 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sophia Xu Thursday, April 5, 2012 2:41 AM
    Sunday, March 11, 2012 3:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Refer to this thread,

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchange2010/thread/5941bce4-3d98-4e7b-bc5d-8ba60ed3f315

Hope it will helpful.

Andrey Podlesnykh | MCTS: Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010 | MCSA

Sunday, March 11, 2012 12:25 PM
  • What do you mean you are unable to create it? You are not restricted to one connector, so just run the tool to create another one? There should be no reason to use adsiedit.

If you do attempt to create a new Send Connector, what happens?

Simon

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
    Blog | Exchange Resources | In the UK? Hire Me.

Sunday, March 11, 2012 12:25 PM
  • my server crashed and burned

it kept telling my could not find parent object when creating the send connector

so i wacked all the smtp entries

and now wont start the transport service

tried recreating the entries as per one of the technotes , but transport dead :(

been at this over 20 hours .. making all sorts of mistakes

see the following

A transient configuration error was detected while the routing configuration was loading. Exception details: No routing groups were found. : Microsoft.Exchange.Transport.Categorizer.TransientRoutingException: No routing groups were found.

at Microsoft.Exchange.Transport.Categorizer.RoutingGroupRelayMap.ValidateConfig(ExchangeTopology topology, RawRoutingConfigData rawConfigData, DateTime timestamp)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Transport.Categorizer.RoutingTables.ValidateConfig(RawRoutingConfigData rawConfigData)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Transport.Categorizer.RoutingTables.PopulateTables(RawRoutingConfigData rawConfigData)

• Edited by larrytbull Sunday, March 11, 2012 1:35 PM
    Sunday, March 11, 2012 1:32 PM
  • got the transport service working again, but back to original problemand it seems now I am able to get to send connector

now I just cant get any mail out

I get the following error when trying to send mail out

This message could not be sent. Try
    sending the message again later, or contact your network administrator.  Error is [0x80004005-00000000-00000000].

the mail in seems to be working ok

also cannot do mail to others on same server

Sunday, March 11, 2012 2:44 PM
  • I'm not sure what you have changed on adsi edit, but it seems like the server is half functional. Not sure what state the server is in now.  Recovering the server may be diffcult if configs have been deleted from AD, so I suggest that you deploy the latest SP2 if you haven't got this already and then try again.

Sukh

• Proposed as answer by Shabarinath Sunday, March 11, 2012 5:26 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sophia Xu Thursday, April 5, 2012 2:41 AM
    Sunday, March 11, 2012 3:59 PM
  • Hi,

Any updates?

Thanks

Sophia Xu

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 8:34 AM