Outlook 2010 On Second Monitor in Server 2008 R2 RDP - Rendering Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

Bit of a weird one this.

I've a user on a 2008 R2 RDP session with two monitors.

Everything seems fine in Outlook, however when the Outlook window is moved onto the second monitor the Flags and Attachment indicators won't render. If the window starts on the primary monitor the flags will be there until a render is triggered again (such as on Mouseover, or upon resizing the window). New Flags simply won't render at all. Where the flags are until the window is moved is shown in the red box of this screenshot (sorry for the low quality).

The buttons are still there, and still clickable. This makes the Flagging function non-functional for the obvious reasons.

Has anybody seen this before? Is there a fix? I've tried a few different experience pre-sets on the user's local machine on the assumption that it might be an RDP issue to no avail.

Thanks

Paddy

Friday, August 11, 2017 9:34 AM

All replies

• have you had a look at the following articles already?

http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/why-wont-outlook-2010-let-me-filter-by-flag-any-more/

Anything in common with the issues described in the article?  I would try to narrow down the leads to a few.

Friday, August 11, 2017 10:37 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, it's not that the user can't flag items, it's simply that the flag buttons aren't correctly rendering. She can even still flag things by clicking the invisible buttons (it's just that she then can't see them, so that would be pointless).

As mentioned, the buttons will reappear if the window  is moved to the other monitor, so it's not that the flagging function doesn't work so it is just a rendering issue.

Monday, August 14, 2017 10:22 AM
  • I'm having the same issue, I suspect it has to do with some update that Microsoft released on Aug. 9

GPresser

• Edited by gpresser Monday, August 14, 2017 1:48 PM
    Monday, August 14, 2017 1:47 PM
  • That scans with me as well, our patch management did push some updates the day before it started happening.

I suppose there's worse things to break due to an Update. My user has happily just switched which windows she keeps on which monitors for now, as I'm not into the idea of removing this update from a dozen servers.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 12:39 PM
  • have you checked the drivers on the impacted pc? Maybe refresh them?

Thursday, August 17, 2017 9:23 AM