none
Unable to change Project Owner RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to change the Project Owner of a project (Project Online) while creating it through the PDP. I am unable to see the new owner and the Project is saved with the old name. The person I am trying to make as Owner does not have 'New Project' permission. Is that the issue? However, I tried assigning 'New Project' permission but no luck. Need help! 

Thanks.

Bala Bhavana

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 12:19 PM

Answers

• I am able to change it now. I have added the owner field to a new PDP and placed it after the project creation PDP so that I can change the owner after the project is created. I guess the problem appears when trying to update in the project creation PDP.

Bala Bhavana

• Marked as answer by Bala Bhavana Friday, January 8, 2016 2:58 PM
    Tuesday, January 5, 2016 2:13 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Could you please try to edit any other field on the PDP along with Project Owner and Check if that helps.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4ec74e51-7fe5-4870-8652-714e1b43324a/project-server-2013-unable-to-change-owner-in-project-details-page-after-oct-15-cu-upgrade?forum=projserv2010setup

Per above article there seems to be an issue updating Project Owner post Oct 2015 CU.

Thank you,

Kiran K.

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 1:35 PM
  • I am able to edit other fields on the PDP, except the Owner field.

I am able to change owner for the 'Enterprise Project' EPT (with the default PDPs). I find this issue for a custom EPT with custom PDPs.

Bala Bhavana

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 1:54 PM
  • I am able to change it now. I have added the owner field to a new PDP and placed it after the project creation PDP so that I can change the owner after the project is created. I guess the problem appears when trying to update in the project creation PDP.

Bala Bhavana

• Marked as answer by Bala Bhavana Friday, January 8, 2016 2:58 PM
    Tuesday, January 5, 2016 2:13 PM
  • Hi,

I suggest you to edit the given PDP from the server settings, remove the project owner field, save and close the PDP. Edit it again, readd the project owner field to the webpart, save and close. It might help.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 2:24 PM
  • Tried Rouyre. Didn't work.

Bala Bhavana

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 1:06 PM
  • What permissions to you have?  Are you using a RBS?   Can the administrator update the project owner/

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Thursday, January 7, 2016 2:07 AM
  • Yes, the administrator can update the owner. I am logged in as an administrator and I am not using RBS.

Bala Bhavana

Friday, January 8, 2016 12:35 PM