none
DPM external storage array rebuild RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am currently running DPM 2007 and have two storage areas.

The first storage area is local disks on the DPM server and the second is a disk mirror via directly attached storage container.

I wish to break the disk mirror and add 2 more disks creating a RAID 5 configuration, increasing my storage.

Rebuilding the array is no problem. I'm just not sure what I need to do from a DPM point of view.

Obviously, once I break the array and re-build it I will loose the data on there. Not a problem as I have backups on tape.

Do I need to do anything in DPM or can I simply re-build the array with the new disks and once DPM has booted re-synchronise?

All and any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Paul.

Monday, June 11, 2012 1:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Paul,

DPM should handle this fine. Essentially you are making changes to the storage and DPM should adjust the storage pool without issue.

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.dpm2010.com

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 2:36 AM
  • Thanks Buchatech,

Have a problem when running dpmsync- sync hope you can help.

Ive just re-built the storage array and I have attempted to run dpmsync - sync after running dpmsync - reallocatereplica which seem to complete.

Before running dpmsync I could get into the DPM manager and add the storage array and everything seemed fine.

When I run dpmsync -sync I get the following errors:

1. Failure in deleting Domain\ from MSDPMTrustedMachineGroups

2. Failure in deleting Domain\ from MSDPMTrustedMachineGroups

3. Failure in deleting Domain\ from MSDPMTrustedMachineGroups

4. Failure in deleting Domain\ from MSDPMTrustedMachineGroups

Since receiving this error I can no longer get into the DPM manager. The errors are repeated in the event log.

Would appreciate any help.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 1:08 PM
  • Hi Paul,

I have not seen this error before. Are there anymore details you can provide about the error maybe from the event log?

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.dpm2010.com

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Thursday, June 14, 2012 3:40 AM