WS2012 DataCenter Error 0x800F0923, Server installs no new update. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

On Friday, after installing updates on my WS2012 DataCenter the server didn't boot. Repaired MBR and the server reset the updates during the recovery. Now i cant install new updates. The error is 0x800F0923. Google says this error is bcz of some driver incompatibility. I didn't install any driver recently. Please suggest how to make the Server install updates?
    Monday, October 13, 2014 11:11 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This problem occurs because the installation requires a new version of the Windows Modules Installer or the servicing stack.

To resolve this problem, use Windows Update to update the Windows Modules Installer or the servicing stack. Or, download the updates that are listed in the following link.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/925316?wa=wsignin1.0

If it doesn't work, please provide the detailed information about the update which causes this issue.

Best Regards.

Steven Lee

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Steven_Lee0510 Thursday, October 23, 2014 3:27 AM
    Tuesday, October 14, 2014 6:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This problem occurs because the installation requires a new version of the Windows Modules Installer or the servicing stack.

To resolve this problem, use Windows Update to update the Windows Modules Installer or the servicing stack. Or, download the updates that are listed in the following link.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/925316?wa=wsignin1.0

If it doesn't work, please provide the detailed information about the update which causes this issue.

Best Regards.

Steven Lee

• Marked as answer by Steven_Lee0510 Thursday, October 23, 2014 3:27 AM
    Tuesday, October 14, 2014 6:46 AM
  • Hi,

We've not heard from you yet. I assume the information provided by me has helped. I am marking my reply as answered now.

In case the information did not help, please feel free to unmark the answer and come back to us with your comments.

Best Regards.

Steven Lee

Thursday, October 23, 2014 3:27 AM