none
Open with Explorer option not available in document library RRS feed

• Question

• We use Project Server 2010; I recently received a new laptop with IE11 and IE immediately started crashing frequently in Project Server (often one time right after the other), especially when viewing any list on any project site. 

I went back to IE9 and it resolved the crashing issue; however, the Open With Explorer option is now disabled on every document library for every project site.

How can I re-enable the Open With Explorer option with IE9?  I found some information about enabling STSSYNC and STSUpld UploadCtl, but neither of those shows up under Manage Add Ons.

I also tried IE10 and the Open With Explorer option was available, but v10 had the same crashing problem that IE11 did.  I would prefer to use IE11, but can't deal with having to restart IE every few minutes.

Friday, December 5, 2014 2:47 PM

Answers

• Hi Mike,

Try to add the PWA URL to the compatibility sites. Also press F12 (developer tool) and set the default browser as IE8 or 9.

Then you can refer to this article which proposes several ways to solve this issue.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

• Marked as answer by Mike1388 Monday, December 8, 2014 2:25 PM
    Friday, December 5, 2014 3:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

Try to add the PWA URL to the compatibility sites. Also press F12 (developer tool) and set the default browser as IE8 or 9.

Then you can refer to this article which proposes several ways to solve this issue.

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by Mike1388 Monday, December 8, 2014 2:25 PM
    Friday, December 5, 2014 3:06 PM
  • It was the 64-bit version of IE; switch to 32-bit and it works.

Thank you.

Monday, December 8, 2014 2:25 PM
  • Glad that it worked! Thanks for the feedback.

Hope this helps,

Monday, December 8, 2014 2:27 PM