Not able to resolve the Visio 2010 error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Expert,

I have a big data model in that I am getting below issue " error L2100: '_FK1' : Relationship is not fully connected." How can I find where is this relation. Is there any way to find this connection line for FK in that big Visio diagram.

Thanks in advance!!!

Regards Vikas Pathak

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 10:40 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Are you using Reverse engineer to create a database model from an existing database? What’s your source database, SQL server or other third-party database?

The error “Relationship is not fully connected” indicates that there is a connection line missing which is related to the relationship between two databases or servers. If you are using Reverse Engineer in Visio 2010, the model is automatic generated and we cannot view how the generation is processed from data to Visio. In this situation, maybe we need to compare the model with your source data one by one manually to fix the connection.

I notice it is a big data model, and it is difficult to find the connection one by one. I suggest we can ask a question in General Office Development forum to confirm if there is any related code can scan the big model for you to fix the connection:
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=officegeneral

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 7, 2016 7:09 AM