none
Cant upload document in PWA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

One of the user cant upload any documents in PWA for tasks which is assigned to him and getting Access denied message.

I have taken the Delegate rights for the user and checked on behalf of him. Its working fine for me.

Note: IE Settings are the same for me and the user

Details are given below

1. User has Portfolio manager rights (group)

2. PWA -> my work -> click any tasks which is assigned to him -> click documents under attachments section

only few users are facing this problem. Kindly assist me how to resolve this one

Looking forward your reply

Regards

Santosh

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:35 AM

Answers

• Hello Santosh,

Check if this user is able to open directly the Project Site. If you have any errors there, then the security of the site has been customized. Check your permissions on the site and the library.

If you are completely sure that the security should not be customized, you can go to PWA and then Server Settings -> Project Sites. Select the site in question and click on "Synchronize". This will re-set the permissions on the project site accordingly to the permissions the users have in PWA.

Let us know if that worked.

Rene Alvarez

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 4:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Santosh,

Is anyone else from "Portfolio manager" upload documents?

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 2:55 PM
  • Hello Santosh,

Check if this user is able to open directly the Project Site. If you have any errors there, then the security of the site has been customized. Check your permissions on the site and the library.

If you are completely sure that the security should not be customized, you can go to PWA and then Server Settings -> Project Sites. Select the site in question and click on "Synchronize". This will re-set the permissions on the project site accordingly to the permissions the users have in PWA.

Let us know if that worked.

Rene Alvarez

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 4:02 PM