Watermark document upon printing RRS feed

• Question

• How can I create a watermark to only show up when the document is printed?

Scenario:

Document is on sharepoint and viewed no watermark shows.
    when the document is printing, I would like a watermark to be printed on the document.

I am using word 2010 pro.

Thank you.

Please click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you.

• Edited by TaikoKiasei Thursday, April 12, 2012 2:55 PM
    Thursday, April 12, 2012 2:52 PM

Answers

• On 2012-04-12 20:19, TaikoKiasei wrote:

Good idea but that is not possible in our scenario.

We have over 20 printers and do not want the watermark on everthing we print.

The main use for this is for ISO documentation of processes and procedures.

Once the original is printed it is no longer a valid document. we have it set that people can not download it but I need the document marked that the document is no longer controlled.

Thank you for your reply and time!

Please click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you.

OK, you'll need a macro that intercepts the Print command and adds the appropriate watermark. I'm sure someone here can provide an example.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    Thursday, April 12, 2012 6:23 PM

All replies

• If your printer has the capability of adding watermarks (at print time), that might be the easiest solution.

Thursday, April 12, 2012 6:07 PM
  • Good idea but that is not possible in our scenario.

Once the original is printed it is no longer a valid document. we have it set that people can not download it but I need the document marked that the document is no longer controlled when printed.

• Edited by TaikoKiasei Thursday, April 12, 2012 6:20 PM
    Thursday, April 12, 2012 6:19 PM
  • On 2012-04-12 20:19, TaikoKiasei wrote:

Good idea but that is not possible in our scenario.

Once the original is printed it is no longer a valid document. we have it set that people can not download it but I need the document marked that the document is no longer controlled.

OK, you'll need a macro that intercepts the Print command and adds the appropriate watermark. I'm sure someone here can provide an example.

Thursday, April 12, 2012 6:23 PM