Surveys ? RRS feed

• Question

• What are people using to generate surveys out of SCSM2012 R2  IE -  closed incident / SR kicks a survey  ,  was trying to use hdi but to time consuming ..

thanks

David Ulrich

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 9:23 PM

Answers

• As far as I know, this is the only known published post on the topic - http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2009/12/08/incident-resolution-satisfaction-surveys-on-sharepoint.aspx

However speaking for myself and something I'd recommend. Create a Request Offering called Submit Feedback and make it generally available on the portal. By this alone, you'll be accepting general, honest feedback. I like it because if someone wanted to say something they'd have to use this request. You can even have a single Manual Activity that gets assigned to your Service Desk manager like "Acknowledge Feedback".

Stepping out of the "ideal scenario" and getting emails to go out about this - build a workflow (specifically with) Orchestrator. The workflow could be something like...

"For every 13 incidents resolved, send out an email about the 13th incident as long as it has an affected user." The email would just be a link to the request. The reason I mention Orchestrator here is because I originally tried to get creative with a Query Selection that showed the current portal user's resolved/closed incidents. Where I ran into a problem (rather foolishly) was I originally planned to allow a user to select a single Incident and it be attached as a related item to the Service Request. It made sense because then I'd have an Incident with a related "Feedback" request. The problem is that by virtue of using the query selection you CAN'T store it as a related Work Item. In which case the selection "counts" and is stored as a User Input on the SR but it isn't actually related. Hence the Orchestrator piece wherein you'd have to parse that User Input XML and do the relation with a runbook.

Adam Dzak

Thursday, May 7, 2015 5:10 AM

All replies

• As far as I know, this is the only known published post on the topic - http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2009/12/08/incident-resolution-satisfaction-surveys-on-sharepoint.aspx

However speaking for myself and something I'd recommend. Create a Request Offering called Submit Feedback and make it generally available on the portal. By this alone, you'll be accepting general, honest feedback. I like it because if someone wanted to say something they'd have to use this request. You can even have a single Manual Activity that gets assigned to your Service Desk manager like "Acknowledge Feedback".

Stepping out of the "ideal scenario" and getting emails to go out about this - build a workflow (specifically with) Orchestrator. The workflow could be something like...

"For every 13 incidents resolved, send out an email about the 13th incident as long as it has an affected user." The email would just be a link to the request. The reason I mention Orchestrator here is because I originally tried to get creative with a Query Selection that showed the current portal user's resolved/closed incidents. Where I ran into a problem (rather foolishly) was I originally planned to allow a user to select a single Incident and it be attached as a related item to the Service Request. It made sense because then I'd have an Incident with a related "Feedback" request. The problem is that by virtue of using the query selection you CAN'T store it as a related Work Item. In which case the selection "counts" and is stored as a User Input on the SR but it isn't actually related. Hence the Orchestrator piece wherein you'd have to parse that User Input XML and do the relation with a runbook.

Adam Dzak

Thursday, May 7, 2015 5:10 AM
  • David, just thought I'd check in and see if this was helpful?

Adam Dzak

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 2:29 AM
  • yes thanks .. was hoping someone out there may have used HDI or another company with maybe a plugin ..

but this works ..

thanks again

David Ulrich

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 2:35 PM
  • Hi David,

We provide a simple-to-use survey engine for closed IRs and SRs.

Cheers,
    Marat
    Site: www.scutils.com  Twitter: LinkedIn: Graveyard:

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 4:06 PM