none
PS2013 - Creating a new instance of Project Server does not run and hangs in "Waiting for Resource" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In my Project Server 2013 environment I created an instance of Project Server which is running in a notebook Hyper-V Windows 2012 Server with 11 GB, 4 threds, 3 GHz, one box configuration with complete version of SQL Server 2012 with SP1, nothing trial. PS and SPS 2013 updated with Cumulative Update of Dec 2013.

I want to create a new empty instance in the same port 80 with a different URL or in the port 90 creating a new web application.

Whatever option I choose, when I try to create the instance of the Project Server it hangs in "Waiting for Resource" status. No Event Viewer, no hanged timer Jobs, all services running, all pools and sites started and I found out nothing in the SharePoint Logs. After every attempt I return the server snapshot to the former state.

The Project Server and SharePoint continue to work normally.

Any hints where should I look to solve this issue?

Thank you.

Best regards, Ricardo Segawa - Segawas Projetos / Microsoft Partner

• Edited by R.Segawa Tuesday, March 25, 2014 6:51 PM
    Tuesday, March 25, 2014 6:51 PM

All replies

• Ricardo,

so, the only clue I can find in your posting is around the web application.

if you want a 2nd PWA instance on the same web application (this presums you have one already, working, right?).

all you really have to do is give it a different "pwa" name - like "Test" or some such and use a unique project database name : Test_ProjectServerData

there is much more you could do, for isolation into a private content database for example.

to use a different port, then you need to setup a web application on a different port and proceed as above, selecting that web app to start from.

if the basic action of new pwa site provision is not working, then it may suggest there is something systemmically wrong with the setup.

let us know,

Thanks, Eric S. Pcubed

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 7:52 PM
  • Hi,

Restart the SharePoint Timer service and try again.

Friday, March 28, 2014 5:18 PM