First launch of app-v apps fail, restarting the sfttray the application start RRS feed

• Question

• We are using Citrix XA 6 with the AppV 4.6.1.30111 conduit to stream apps to the clients.  Whats going on is the first attempt to launch the Published app sometimes fails. ( it does not happens everytime, sometims by several users and not on every terminal server)

We do not use res workspace manager.

None of the Published application will start. There is no progress bar that you can see that the application is loading. In the sftlog.txt/eventvwr/server-sft.log you will not find any error. Only when i restart the sfttray, it will work again. For now, i have created a workaround for that.

Now i am after the solution.

I am guessing that the problem is in the login script. Where desktopicons are rebuilt when logged in.

CopyDesktop
    '======================================================================

objShell.Run "%comspec% /c del /Q " & Chr(34) & strDesktop & Chr(34), 0, True
     objShell.Run "%comspec% /c del /Q " & Chr(34) & strMenu & Chr(34), 0, True
     objShell.Run "%comspec% /c del /Q /S " & Chr(34) & strMenuPrograms & Chr(34), 0, True

objShell.Run "%comspec% /c copy \\***\apps$\desktop2010\*.* " & Chr(34) & strDesktop & Chr(34) & " /Y", 0, False
     objShell.Run "%comspec% /c copy \\***\apps$\desktop2010\*.* " & Chr(34) & strMenuPrograms & Chr(34) & " /Y", 0, False

objShell.Run "%comspec% /c copy \\***\apps$\Shortcuts\RIT-X6\*.* " & Chr(34) & strDesktop & Chr(34) & " /Y", 0, False
     objShell.Run "xcopy \\***\apps$\Shortcuts\RIT-X6\*.* " & Chr(34) & strMenuPrograms & Chr(34) & " /I /C /Y /Q /S", 0, False

objShell.Run "%comspec% /c copy \\***\apps$\Menus2010\*.* " & Chr(34) & strMenuPrograms & Chr(34) & " /Y", 0, False
     objShell.Run "xcopy \\***\apps$\Menus2010\*.* " & Chr(34) & strMenuPrograms & Chr(34) & " /I /C /Y /Q /S", 0, False

' Refresh Appv Client: Workaround voor APP-V iconen die worden verwijderd door bovenstaand script.
     objShell.Run "sfttray.exe /REFRESHALL", 0, False

If you need more info, please let me know!

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 12:14 PM

Answers

• Hello,

What does your log file say?
    How do you start applications?

Why do you run that login script?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

• Marked as answer by Stevie-M Monday, May 14, 2012 7:34 AM
    Wednesday, May 9, 2012 12:21 PM