FCS Overrides and Exclusions RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Iam very new to FCS and I am trying to learn as I go however I have the following error when GPO refreshes:

Summary:

Internet Explorer Configurations change occurred.

This agent monitors end user and security related configuration changes made to Internet Explorer, including the default home page.

Detected changes:

New: http://local

Original: Not available

iemain (New):

HKCU@S-1-5-21-1977829086-1126703154-270368766-6611\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\\Start Page

Advice:

Permit this configuration change only if you trust its origin. It is recommended that you run a quick scan if you choose to deny this change.

Detected by:

Definition file

Checkpoint:

Internet Explorer Home Page

Category:

Configuration Change

I have set an Override which is:

Category > Settings Modifier > Ignore

Which does not solve teh issue I have tried Browser Modifier but that does not work either and neither does Default Response.

Does anyone know what I need to do al automatically allow this through?

My Second issue is that since FCS has been installed onto a couple of machines a web application has stopped working. Links work fine however when a button is pressed it does nothing. FCS does not seem to notify or do anything to indicate blocking is occuring.

Does anyone have any ides on what to try?

Many Thanks

James

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 1:17 PM

Answers

• Hi James,

Thanks for the post.

Please understand that this is by design in FCS v1. Forefront detected the changes necessary and tell which process made the change to the registry then simply reported the change.

Thanks,

Miles

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miles Zhang Monday, March 28, 2011 2:03 AM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 8:21 AM

All replies

• Hi James,

Thanks for the post.

Please understand that this is by design in FCS v1. Forefront detected the changes necessary and tell which process made the change to the registry then simply reported the change.

Thanks,

Miles

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miles Zhang Monday, March 28, 2011 2:03 AM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 8:21 AM
  • Miles thanks for your reply.

Ahhh that makes sense however I found the issue with it (well no so much an issue however to remove the notices), which is to remove the check box for "Prompt User when Unclassified Software is Detected".

So thats one thing sorted now! :)

Do you have any ideas as to why I have the issues with the WebApplication?

Many Thanks

James

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 10:41 AM