GetUserProfileByName RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have InfoPathform 2010 and working of SharePoint 2007.

I have followed the rule step by step as described by Itay Shakury on http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/itaysk/archive/2007/04/05/InfoPath-_2D00_-Get-the-current-user-without-writing-code.aspx?CommentPosted=true#commentmessage

I can create Date Connection fine but the problem is when I click on "Preview". The error I am getting is:

” Some external data was not retrieved. The form will load without the requested data.”

When I click on Show Details button, I get the following message:

“The SOAP response indicates that an error occurred on the server:

Server was unable to process request. ---> Access Denied: To create a user profile, you must be an administrator, or create your own profile and have personal features rights.”.

Am I doing something wrong? I am working on client side and I do not have access to the SharePoint server to make any changes to it.

Thank You

JBegic

JBegic
    • Moved by Clayton Cobb Friday, June 24, 2011 1:32 AM This issue is related to the SSP profile database in MOSS2007 - please do not move to InfoPath (From:SharePoint 2010 - Using SharePoint Designer, Infopath, and other customization)
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, June 24, 2011 7:27 AM NEVER ask for quick responses. These are forums - post and *wait*. If in a hurry pay for support by contacting MS Customer Support Services
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 8:42 PM

Answers

• It's telling you that you don't have a profile in the profile database.  This is a problem you need to discuss directly with the SharePoint Administrator who runs this farm.
    SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    • Marked as answer by Lily Wu Monday, July 4, 2011 1:21 AM
    Friday, June 24, 2011 1:31 AM