none
Fingerprint is not setting up RRS feed

• Question

• Due to some issues my laptops motherboard is changed by dell team.After that my pin or my fingerprint is not allowing to sign in to the laptop.I tried deleting account and setting up then my pin was changed to a new one  but my fingerprint cis not setting up ........
    Saturday, December 16, 2017 1:58 PM

All replies

• you will need to:
    1. Install latest BIOS and Chip set driver
    2. Remove previously installed fingerprint software in older Windows
    3. Update fingerprint hardware driver
    4. Set up Windows Hello and enroll your fingerprint
    5. Setup a PIN and enroll your fingerprint (if fingerprint set up button is greyed out

See also:

Troubleshoot problems with Windows Hello on Surface

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Sunday, December 17, 2017 12:06 AM
  • After changed the motherboard, it means that your device has become a new device, Dell support should also re-activate system for you.

The PIN and fingerprint are based on machine, not user account or system, so they will be invalid after changing the motherboard, you need to re-configure them.

1. Delete old PIN and fingerprint from machine by deleting or renaming the C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase\[GUID].DAT file

2. Uninstall fingerprint driver software (Control panel> Uninstall a program).

3. Restart your PC.

4. Reinstall fingerprint driver software.

5. Set your fingerprint.

Note: There is may be more than one driver, uninstall them both. Before uninstalling make sure that you have the fingerprint driver software to install it again .

Have a try.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 18, 2017 3:06 AM
  • Would you mind letting me know the update of the problem? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 26, 2017 9:42 AM