none
Microsoft Vs. Google Authenticator. Redundancy? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone, 

I have a question concerning the difference between the Microsoft and the Google Authenticator Apps. 

Are these two apps able to produce codes that work as the two step authentication method? 

When I began the setup for the Microsoft authenticator it asked me what type of account I was adding and a Google account was an option. Does that mean that the Microsoft Authenticator could be used instead of Google's software? If they are interchangeable than could you guys and gals please give me your opinion as to which app is the better option. 

Thanks for all knowledgeable responses. I am looking forward to using this method its definitely more secure than the previous security features. 

Brandon

Monday, March 4, 2019 10:08 AM

All replies

• I was using both Microsoft and Google authenticator  (MA & GA) apps. I switched everything today over to the MA. I first disabled the accounts tied to my GA and set them back up with the MA, even the ones with google accounts. This was done by scanning the QR code to add to the MA.

I made the change Primarily because of the backup feature in MA. I really do not like the idea of setting up from scratch if I lose my ios device.

Regards

Hayden

Tuesday, March 5, 2019 5:57 PM