re-call email RRS feed

• Question

• I have sent a email to the email address "xxx@outlook.com" , just would like to know if I can re-call this email after sent ?

Just would like to confirm I have sent the email to the outlook.com , this is not our managed email server . 

thanks

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 10:38 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Are you using Outlook desktop client?
    What's the type of your account? POP, IMAP or Exchange?

>> I have sent a email to the email address "xxx@outlook.com" , just would like to know if I can re-call this email after sent?
    As I know, "Message recall" is available only if both you and the recipient have an Office 365 or Microsoft Exchange email account in the same organization. Since your recipient address is a personal mailbox which is not in the same organization as you, I'm afraid that you can not successfully recall the email you sent.

>> Just would like to confirm I have sent the email to the outlook.com , this is not our managed email server .
    In order to confirm if you have successfully sent the email to the outlook.com, if you use an Exchange account, it is suggested for you to check the “Request a Delivery Receipt” option when editing emails like below. The delivery receipt confirms delivery of your email message to the recipient's e-mail server and you will receive a message after sending which tells you the sending result.

Besides, the “Request a Read Receipt” option helps confirm that if your message has been opened, if you are using an IMAP or POP account, this way may be helpful to you. For more information, please check this article.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 1, 2020 7:02 AM
  • Hi ,

Have you got your issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you.

If you have any update about this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 3, 2020 8:53 AM
  • Hi ,

It has been a while, how is everything going?

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Tuesday, April 7, 2020 8:38 AM