Office 2013 and VB6 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a VB6 program that throws an error when used with Office 2013.  It gives the run-time error 4605 (This method or property is not available because this command is not available for reading) on worddoc.ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.SeekView = wdSeekCurrentPageHeader  This works fine when I use it in a macro in Office 2013.  It also works on every version until now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Patrick

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 4:07 PM

Answers

• Well I found out the answer to my own question.  It seems that Word 2013, besides being the worst POS version of Word, needs to have the document in Page View before it will do anything worth a damn.  Why it doesn't go into that when all the other versions of Word work fine just baffles me.
    Tuesday, March 11, 2014 2:48 PM

All replies

• Do you set the Visible property of this document as False before?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff838298.aspx

Please create a new Doc and reload the VBA code to try the behavior. Thanks.

Tony Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Sunday, August 11, 2013 3:15 PM
  • Do you set the Visible property of this document as False before?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff838298.aspx

Please create a new Doc and reload the VBA code to try the behavior. Thanks.

Tony Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Sorry I have been completely distracted and did not know anyone had actually responded to my question.  It did not send me anything to let me know.

I set the Visibility of the app as true.  There is no where to set the Visibility of the document that I can see.

Oh, and this is in VB6 not VBA.
    Thursday, March 6, 2014 3:29 PM
  • Well I found out the answer to my own question.  It seems that Word 2013, besides being the worst POS version of Word, needs to have the document in Page View before it will do anything worth a damn.  Why it doesn't go into that when all the other versions of Word work fine just baffles me.
    Tuesday, March 11, 2014 2:48 PM