none
URLs for Project Pro to access help and templates RRS feed

• Question

• Project Pro 2013 on Win7:

What are the URLs that Project uses to communicate with Office.com for online help and template files?  Project Pro 2010 connects to Office.com just fine, but 2013 won't.  Need to feed that proxy with the new? URLs.  (Activation not an issue, since we use our enterprise KMS).

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 1:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

See Project 2013 templates here.

See also this excellent blog for using templates.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 1:24 PM
  • Not quite what I was looking for Guillaume. 

My 2013 Project Pro desktop will not connect to MSO for online help and access to template files.  I'm in a continuous "offline" mode because of that.

I'm looking for the URLs that Project Pro uses internally to make that connection when you click the "help" button or want to download a template to start a new project.

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 1:51 PM
  • Sorry for the misunderstanding.

The URL for the online help is something like this : http://support.office.microsoft.com/client/results.aspx?.

Then there are parameters like "NS=WINPROJ&VERSION=14" for the project version.

Then for the templates, MS Project go to the URL I just send you: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/ and looks for the Project 2013 templates available.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 2:00 PM
  • Sorry Guillaume.  Maybe I'm not explaining this the right way.

When I click help in Project Pro 2010, Project connects itself to Office.com, and provides me with "online help".  Same for templates.

In my recently installed 2013, Project is trying to connect, but our proxy is blocking that traffic.  What I need to know is what URLs does Project use to make those connections.  I can then include those in the exception list for the proxy, and allow PP2013 to make the connection.

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 2:09 PM