none
Terminal services 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am trying to use the TS Web Client Tunneling app to connect to a windows 2003 terminal server. I keep on getting to the white page that asks for a server name.
    Even if I enter the name of the server it just times out.
    Is there anyway to automate this? Would It also be possible to do a SSO?

thx jason
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 9:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

We would never be able to do SSO for tunneling mode because we do not interfere with the traffic and just bypass it. In tunneling mode, we have no way to interact with the backend server. The only thing we can do is passing parameters during activation of the TS client.

We recommend that instead of doing TS Web Client Tunneling you should publish the RemoteApps in UAG portal and have all these useful features.

Thanks,
            Meir :->
    Meir Mendelovich, Sr. Program Manager, Microsoft Forefront - IAG/UAG Product Group
    Team Blog: http://blogs.technet.com/edgeaccessblog/
    Anything you can do, I can do anywhere!
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Friday, January 15, 2010 9:51 PM
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 10:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,

We would never be able to do SSO for tunneling mode because we do not interfere with the traffic and just bypass it. In tunneling mode, we have no way to interact with the backend server. The only thing we can do is passing parameters during activation of the TS client.

We recommend that instead of doing TS Web Client Tunneling you should publish the RemoteApps in UAG portal and have all these useful features.

Thanks,
            Meir :->
    Meir Mendelovich, Sr. Program Manager, Microsoft Forefront - IAG/UAG Product Group
    Team Blog: http://blogs.technet.com/edgeaccessblog/
    Anything you can do, I can do anywhere!
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Friday, January 15, 2010 9:51 PM
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 10:38 PM
  • Hi, I am using windows 2003 TS. Is there anything usefull in UAG that I can use for 2003 TS?  Also, I was using windows 2008 TS does it support SSO for clients with rdp7 that are not windows 7?

thx jason
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 4:59 PM