WIndows 7 performance slow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Lenovo X1 Laptop also i have removed preloaded OS & install new one Windows 7 Enterprise.After that i have installed Backup SW(Memeo Instant) & antivirus is another one heavy sw,outlook,itunes etc.But when i login & check without any application start its taking nearly 1.3 GB memory.After that i have checked in task manager but its not showing who is using much memory in task manager.Some applcaitions like symantec & backup sw taking nearly total 40 MB memoty.So where is my other memory goes beacause of this reason my itunes or outlook stucks & i cant work.Hope so you will give me proper solution beacause i dont want to reformat the OS as the guy is CEO.

Is there any impact if use external drive ? means if ready boost work then let me know how it will use full for performance level in wodows 7.

Microsft:Required help here.

Regards,

Rajesh Gundekar

Regards, Rajesh Gundekar
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 8:27 AM

Answers

• High initial RAM usage indicates too many start-up programs. Use msconfig.exe to ensure only those programs/services that are necessary start when the system boots up. Use the Startup tab and the Services tab (before making changes here, please check the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox) in the utility to configure the changes.

If you want a detailed view of which applications are using what % of the physical memory, download and use Process Explorer from the link below:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653

After completing the above steps, if you still think your system is not as optimized as you want it to be, kindly revert back here. We'll go deeper. Hope it helps!

Kunal D Mehta - a Windows Server Enthusiast | I'm on facebook.com/serverbaba

• Edited by Server Baba Thursday, September 29, 2011 2:11 PM
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Thursday, October 6, 2011 8:37 AM
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 2:09 PM

All replies

• High initial RAM usage indicates too many start-up programs. Use msconfig.exe to ensure only those programs/services that are necessary start when the system boots up. Use the Startup tab and the Services tab (before making changes here, please check the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox) in the utility to configure the changes.

If you want a detailed view of which applications are using what % of the physical memory, download and use Process Explorer from the link below:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653

After completing the above steps, if you still think your system is not as optimized as you want it to be, kindly revert back here. We'll go deeper. Hope it helps!

Kunal D Mehta - a Windows Server Enthusiast | I'm on facebook.com/serverbaba

• Edited by Server Baba Thursday, September 29, 2011 2:11 PM
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Thursday, October 6, 2011 8:37 AM
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 2:09 PM
  • Download and run Autoruns from the following web address

http://technet.microsoft.com/it-it/sysinternals/bb963902

You'll get the complete list of the programs and services loaded and executed at system boot and decide what to do.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    Saturday, October 1, 2011 6:08 PM