Remove disabled user from sharepoint user profile. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to remove the disabled user from sharepoint user profile.

I have set the excultion filter and the disabled users are marked in sharepoint user profile as disabled.But it is not removed from the manage user profile page.

I have run the MYSite Clean up job as well, the job shows as success,but i assume that it is not run properly(since the time taken to run the job shows as 00.00.00).

Mysite host is created and i am able to access the mysite as well.

Please let me know if i am missing something else.

thanks,

sudan

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 4:05 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Sudan,

To remove disabled user profile. You need to disable this user in AD first. Then a profile Synchronization is needed, after this, please check if the disabled account is locating at Profile Missing from Import from the manage user profiles.

Now you can run My Site Cleanup Job to remove user profile and my site of that user. This timer job is configured to run hourly by default, if you have run four synchronizations before running this timer job, user profile would be removed too.

Thanks

Pengyu Zhao

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Friday, March 30, 2012 3:37 AM
    Friday, March 16, 2012 5:17 AM

All replies

• Have restart your Profile Sync with AD after disable the user ?

Murugesa Pandian.,MCTS|App.Devleopment|Configure

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 4:18 PM
  • Yes, The user disabled in the ad are marked as disabled in manage user profile.(OU=Users Disabled Accounts)

But it is not removed from the manage user profile.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 4:34 PM
  • manage user profile is based on your AD not with sharepoint user profile.disable the account for that user in AD.

Now restart your user profile and profile sync.

Murugesa Pandian.,MCTS|App.Devleopment|Configure

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 4:47 PM
    • Proposed as answer by boasmar Wednesday, March 14, 2012 6:03 PM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 6:03 PM
  •  

Hi Sudan,

To remove disabled user profile. You need to disable this user in AD first. Then a profile Synchronization is needed, after this, please check if the disabled account is locating at Profile Missing from Import from the manage user profiles.

Now you can run My Site Cleanup Job to remove user profile and my site of that user. This timer job is configured to run hourly by default, if you have run four synchronizations before running this timer job, user profile would be removed too.

Thanks

Pengyu Zhao

• Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Friday, March 30, 2012 3:37 AM
    Friday, March 16, 2012 5:17 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the Reply.

I am unable to see any profile when i choose "Profile Missing From Import" filter in manage user profile.

But the profile which are marked as disbaled in ad are correctly marked as disbled accounts in manage user profile.i could say that because in manage user profile for "Distinguished Name:" "OU=Users Disabled Accounts" is marked like this.

Thanks,

Sudarsanan

Friday, March 16, 2012 5:48 AM
  •  

Hi Sudarsanan,

How did you define the exclusion filter for that Synchronization connection? Please try to follow these steps:

1. Go to Central Administration>Manage Service Application>User Profile Service application>configure synchronization connections
    2. Select Edit Connection Filters from the dropdown menu of the connection
    3. Now add an Exclusion filter under Exclusion Filter For Users section, make the filer like:

Attribute - userAccountControl Operator - Bit on equals Filter – 2

1. You should see the disabled account at Profile Missing from Import after running an incremental synchronization.
    2. Start My site cleanup timer job

Thanks

Pengyu Zhao

Friday, March 16, 2012 7:12 AM
  • Hi,

I have configured the filter already and also i have run the full crawl, but still not able to see any values for "Profile Missing From Import .

I have samll doubt, When i go to manage user profile and search for the disabled user profile and edit the profile , i am able to see the below value.

Distinguished Name: CN=Testuser,OU=Users Disabled Accounts,OU=Users,DC=contoso,DC=co

Is it not correctly marked the diabled user for deletion?

Friday, March 16, 2012 7:32 AM
  •  

Hi Sudarsanan,

Is the user already in the OU of Users Disabled Accounts before you disable him? Disabling AD user and running a profile synchronization should not change profile’ Distinguished Name. Do you have any script to move user to another OU after user is disabled?

Thanks

Pengyu Zhao

Friday, March 16, 2012 8:34 AM