Cannot make a cache safe URL for "form.js", file not found. RRS feed

• Question

• On uploading a document to a sharepoint library, the following error has just started occuring. No changes were made to the site, which has been working fine for several months, any ideas on what is going on? The problem exists with any browser, including IE 8 & 9. The file exists in the library specified.

Cannot make a cache safe URL for "form.js", file not found. Please verify that the file exists under the layouts directory.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 3:40 AM

Answers

• Thanks to the responses. I ended up copying a new version of the form.js into the directory and that took care of it. Wierd, but whatever works.
    • Marked as answer by blackshield Friday, April 15, 2011 1:08 AM
    Friday, April 15, 2011 1:07 AM

All replies

• What type of document you are uploading? Do you get this error when uploading any type of document or only a specific document?

--Cheers
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 5:59 AM
  • HI blackshield,

Thanks for your post.

Agree with Prasath,  What’s your answer about his question?

Then, please check whether the form.js file is located in “14\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\<LCID>” folder in your server.

Also, here is a similar: http://www.sharepointks.com/post/Cannot-make-a-cache-safe-URL-for-blah-blah-blah!.aspx

Share your views.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 8:13 AM
  • I am havig same issue I am using companyweb through sharepoint services and when any of my employees try to add something to the calendar they are getting this error also as the admin of the site same issue...not sure were to begin this started Tuesday 4-12-11 but before this site has been operational for 2 years any suggestions. THanks
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 8:17 PM
  • Thanks to the responses. I ended up copying a new version of the form.js into the directory and that took care of it. Wierd, but whatever works.
    • Marked as answer by blackshield Friday, April 15, 2011 1:08 AM
    Friday, April 15, 2011 1:07 AM