Retrieve Published Views RRS feed

• Question

• Guys,

I need to retrieve published views from production system and get it as a breifing book , so that I can make changes and re publish on production. Can any one let me know step by step process for the same.
    Raju
    Friday, January 22, 2010 12:51 PM

Answers

• Guys,

I was able to change the MyViews into library as a breifing book, by changing the entried in the library table in PAS db.

Changing the ID of the FAVORITES from 1 to 0(brieifing book id ends with 0 and MyViews ID end with 1) and changing the type of the record into BREIFING BOOK gave me MYVIEWS as briefing book.
    Raju
    • Marked as answer by Jagapathi Raju Thursday, February 11, 2010 10:54 AM
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 10:54 AM

All replies

• Hello Raju,

You should be able to connect ProClarity professional to the PAS server, retrieve the book, update a view, and then publish the changes back to the server.  The step by step would be:

1. In ProClarity Professional, select File > Analytics Server > Retrieve book
    2. Update the book
    3. select File > Analytics Server > Publish Book
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 6:46 PM
  • Guys,

I was able to change the MyViews into library as a breifing book, by changing the entried in the library table in PAS db.

Changing the ID of the FAVORITES from 1 to 0(brieifing book id ends with 0 and MyViews ID end with 1) and changing the type of the record into BREIFING BOOK gave me MYVIEWS as briefing book.
    Raju
    • Marked as answer by Jagapathi Raju Thursday, February 11, 2010 10:54 AM
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 10:54 AM