Taskbar combine + playing videos problem RRS feed

• Question

• Okay, I have the strangest problem ever.

First I noticed that when Windows combines few items on the taskbar I could not use them. I mouseover or click and nothing happens. After that I realized that ALT+TAB is not working also. So the only way I could actrualy swap throu combined windows is to use Win+Tab wich is not the fastest way. This happens like 80% of the time.

After that I noticed that when this would happen that I could not play videos correctly. If I have multiple video files in one folder, and I start one. KMPlayer will actually open, try to play that file, wont manage go to the next one and will go throught files until it opens some other one. But if the video file is in a separate folder it will play it right away.

I have Windows x64 Professional. It was working OK for a year, after that I reinstalled sistem when this problem first appeared. Then I reinstalled it again in hope to remove this bug but here it is again.
    Also I tried reinstalling my graphic driver, but no luck there. I have nVidia GTX260

Its really annoying, since I work a lot with lots of windows open.

Anyone has an idea what could this sorcery be?

Monday, October 3, 2011 10:24 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like to verify where you installed the graphic driver. It is recommended downloading the driver from computer manufacture's site such as HP, Dell.

Meanwhile, please perform clean boot and use ShellExView tool in case the issue is caused by third party conflicting.

1.     Download ShellExView v1.41 from the following link http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.zip

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

2.     Right-click the "shexview.zip" file, select "Extract All", the Extraction Wizard will prompt.

3.     Click Next, input "C:\ShellExView" (without the quotation marks) in the "Files will be extracted to this directory" textbox.

4.     Click Next and click Finnish.

5.     Open the "C:\ShellExView" folder and double-click the "shexview.exe" file. It will scan the registry for all the shell extensions.

6.     Select all the non-Microsoft extensions in pink by press "Ctrl" in the keyboard.

7.     Click the "Disable Selected Items" on the toolbar and click Yes.

8.     Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Regarding the KMPlayer, I suggest changing other Media Player for testing. If the issue only occurs on KMPlayer, please contact KMPlayer forum.

http://www.kmplayer.com/forums/

Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:52 AM
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 8:18 AM