Strange printing behaviour of embedded Excel Chart RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Basically I’ve embedded an excel sheet as an in line object to display a graph in a word doc.

You can clearly see the entire graph in the document and even on print preview.

Now for the fun part, when you print the document on the physical printed paper you can see only see the text on the chart i.e. no background, bars, borders, scales etc. just floating text. (The text of the x & y axis spaced out correctly plus the data labels floating at the correct positions and even the legend text)

I tried embedding the excel as a floating document and that works except I have to insert a load of blank paragraphs in to allow space for the Excel chart.

I'm not really wanting to do that as the whole idea behind this is to batch produce reports using office automation.

I've also tried printing my original excel source in Excel but it prints out fine.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

G

Friday, November 26, 2010 12:56 PM

Answers

• If you want to send a copy of the document with the embedded sheet to me at dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org, I will take a look at it.

-- Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"gwaddell" wrote in message news:c274763c-a62d-49de-94c8-4a6c915157fa@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Hi All,

Basically I’ve embedded an excel sheet as an in line object to display a graph in a word doc.

Now for the fun part, when you print the document on the physical printed paper you can see only see the text on the chart i.e. no background, bars, borders, scales etc. just floating text. (The text of the x & y axis spaced out correctly plus the data labels floating at the correct positions and even the legend text)

I tried embedding the excel as a floating document and that works except I have to insert a load of blank paragraphs in to allow space for the Excel chart.

I'm not really wanting to do that as the whole idea behind this is to batch produce reports using office automation.

I've also tried printing my original excel source in Excel but it prints out fine.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

G

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    • Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Thursday, December 2, 2010 7:05 AM
    Friday, November 26, 2010 8:52 PM

All replies

• If you want to send a copy of the document with the embedded sheet to me at dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org, I will take a look at it.

-- Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"gwaddell" wrote in message news:c274763c-a62d-49de-94c8-4a6c915157fa@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Hi All,

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

G

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    • Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Thursday, December 2, 2010 7:05 AM
    Friday, November 26, 2010 8:52 PM
  • Although this topic is marked as answered, where can one find the solution?
    Tuesday, April 3, 2012 9:34 AM