PSRemoting: Enter-PSSession strange ERROR about WSMan (error 995) and HTTP (error 12152) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

trying to do Enter-PSSession -ComputerName target-name from a Windows 10 machine brings up a confusing error message, which suggest some configuration problems with WSMan, IIS or the Firewall. But it happened out of the blue, after several successful weeks of doing just that. AND: it is just with some Win10 client machines!

Despite the fact, that you don't need to configure anything on the client machine from which you type Enter-PSSession, the evidence seems to point to some(!) client machines alone:

1. From other Win10 computers one can Enter-PSSession with the very same target without problems

2. From other Win10 computers one can Enter-PSSession to the problematic Win10 machines, but not the other way round

3. It seems not connected to Group Policies, OU Placement, group membership or IP subnet of problematic Win10 machines

4. Always used the same user account during testing

Here is the error message:

PS C:\> Enter-PSSession -ComputerName TARGET

Enter-PSSession : Beim Verbinden mit dem Remoteserver "TARGET" ist folgender Fehler aufgetreten: Die WS-Verwaltung kann die Anforderung nicht verarbeiten. Der Vorgang konnte aufgrund einesHTTP-Fehlers nicht ausgeführt werden. HTTP-Fehler (12152): Der Server lieferte eine ungültige oder unbekannte Rückmeldung. . Weitere Informationen finden Sie im Hilfethema"about_Remote_Troubleshooting".In Zeile:1 Zeichen:1+ Enter-PSSession -ComputerName TARGET+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (TARGET:String) [Enter-PSSession], PSRemotingTransportException    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CreateRemoteRunspaceFailed

And here the corresponding event log entry:

Runspace-ID: 026a805f-8de9-4718-8e2d-9c2dfd88f73b Pipeline-ID: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000. WSMan hat einen Fehler gemeldet mit dem Fehlercode: 995.  Fehlermeldung: Beim Verbinden mit dem Remoteserver "TARGET" ist folgender Fehler aufgetreten: Die WS-Verwaltung kann die Anforderung nicht verarbeiten. Der Vorgang konnte aufgrund eines HTTP-Fehlers nicht ausgeführt werden. HTTP-Fehler (12152): Der Server lieferte eine ungültige oder unbekannte Rückmeldung. . Weitere Informationen finden Sie im Hilfethema "about_Remote_Troubleshooting".  StackTrace: 

Kind regards!

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 1:09 PM

Answers

• Experience - 40+ years and the error message.  Something is terminating the connection.  This can be any of 100 or more issues.  You need to troubleshoot this.  That is beyond the scope of this forum.

Those errors show up in many applications and have many causes.  Search for the errors to understand what I am referring to.

\_(ツ)_/

• Marked as answer by LeeSeenLiMicrosoft contingent staff Thursday, November 22, 2018 3:24 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by jrv Thursday, November 22, 2018 3:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by jrv Thursday, November 22, 2018 3:26 AM
    Tuesday, November 20, 2018 3:57 PM

All replies

• Sorry but this is not a break/fix or system support forum.  Please contact MS support for assistance with troubleshooting your network,

\_(ツ)_/

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 1:27 PM
  • Hi,

sorry for transmitting a wrong impression. I am not a native speaker and what I hoped to say with my words is: this is not a network issue (IMHO). Neither it is a server (in the meaning of receiver part in PS Remoting) issue of TARGET or overall misconfiguration. In my eyes it is an issue with some clients. And by what I understand: this is a forum to ask others about similar experiences and maybe hints that lead to a solution.

If your opinion about this being a network issue came from your knowledge, I would really appreciate to know, what are the indications for such an assumption in my post, so I can follow the breadcrumbs.

Thank you for your effort, already.

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 3:26 PM
  • Experience - 40+ years and the error message.  Something is terminating the connection.  This can be any of 100 or more issues.  You need to troubleshoot this.  That is beyond the scope of this forum.

Those errors show up in many applications and have many causes.  Search for the errors to understand what I am referring to.

\_(ツ)_/

• Marked as answer by LeeSeenLiMicrosoft contingent staff Thursday, November 22, 2018 3:24 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by jrv Thursday, November 22, 2018 3:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by jrv Thursday, November 22, 2018 3:26 AM
    Tuesday, November 20, 2018 3:57 PM