none
IE crashed RRS feed

• Question

• My Internet Explorer crashed yesterday. When I tried restarting it, it crashed again (message attached). I restarted the computer, same result. This morning, same thing. Can you please give me any advice? Every time I open it, it crashes again and gives the same message
    Wednesday, July 9, 2014 6:16 PM

Answers

• Also, try the following and see if it helps any:

Windows Key + S > type inetcpl.cpl and press "Enter" on the keyboard >  Advanced > remove the checkmark in front of "Enable third party browser extensions" > OK then restart IE.

If that does not help you can re-enable third party browser extensions

If it does help you would have to track down the browser extension causing the issue.

Also, what Operating System are you using?

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 8:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I can't see your message. Maybe there was an issue during the upload.

Could you submit again? Thank you.

If this helped you resolve your issue, please mark it Answered, thanks! Kind regards

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 6:26 PM
  • Also, try the following and see if it helps any:

Windows Key + S > type inetcpl.cpl and press "Enter" on the keyboard >  Advanced > remove the checkmark in front of "Enable third party browser extensions" > OK then restart IE.

If that does not help you can re-enable third party browser extensions

If it does help you would have to track down the browser extension causing the issue.

Also, what Operating System are you using?

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 8:13 PM
  • Thank you. I am using Windows 7. When the crash happened I was using adobe flash player or at least I think so. I am not able to upload pictures before my account is verified. I will try what you suggested and come back.
    Thursday, July 10, 2014 12:33 AM
  • I disabled the third party and it worked. Thank you
    Thursday, July 10, 2014 12:37 AM
  • You're welcome.

If you want to determine which browser add-on caused the issue you could go back and check "Enable third party browser extensions" > OK, restart IE

Then use IE > Tools > Manage add-ons to selectively disable third party add-ons one at a time, restart IE each time, to find out which add-on was the issue.

More info on Manage add-ons:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11 

Thursday, July 10, 2014 1:28 PM