none
Deployment Share keeps mounted even after Deployment is complete RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to deploy Windows 8.1 with all the updates using MDP 2013. Deployment goes fine but when I login using the creds into the machine I get "Unable to connect to all Network shares" error at the Bottom Right corner of the Desktop screen and I can still se the Deployment Share mounted in File Explorer. Ideally it should be un-mounted and Disconnected after the deployment is complete.

/Ashish

Monday, December 8, 2014 12:59 PM

Answers

• 1) The LiteTouch.vbs is run from Normal OS

2) The machine is workgroup machine as Domain Joined machine doesnt meed the requirements for Sysprep. From workgroup the Kerberos Auth is prompted when connecting to the Domain share so i provide my admin creds there

->Finally the issue was that the share was stored in the Registry, previous admin captured the image with the share mounted on. hence it was shown as disconnected. I used Dism to mount the captured Wim and performed the cleanup, and with the next deployment the share was gone.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 9:01 AM

All replies

• Check for what you have configured in your unattend to run on first boot.
    Monday, December 8, 2014 6:13 PM
  • I had the same problem with you. Did you manually connect to Deployment Share when you capture your reference image? 

If you did, this might help

http://www.myitforum.com/forums/mdt-2010-sysprep-and-capture-mapped-drive-stays-with-the-image-m229444.aspx

• Proposed as answer by Brian Gonzalez Thursday, December 11, 2014 4:54 AM
    Monday, December 8, 2014 7:22 PM
  • It seems thats the only way to run the Capture TS using MDT , my accessing the deployment share and running the Litetouch.vbs, although i am not mounting the drive i am accessing using \\<Server Name>\DeploymentShare$
    Tuesday, December 9, 2014 7:38 AM
  • I think proper way to building/capturing an image is by setting up a client task sequence. At the end of the client task sequence, it will reboot the machine a couple of times and it will sysprep/capture your machine. I don't know what 'capture and sysprep' task sequence is for... 
    Thursday, December 11, 2014 10:59 PM
  • A couple of things I noticed.

1. the thread at MyITForum is weird, the person was attempting to run MDT from Audit Mode. MDT never uses Audit mode, and if you are using Audit Mode, stop, and use regular OS.

2. Ashish, it is unclear to me what "account" you used to login to MDT. IF you are running the \\server\share$\scripts\litetouch.vbs script from your Network Domain account, that is also bad. Never domain join a machine that is about to be syspreped, since sysprep will unjoin the machine anyways. it is considered a bad practice to do so.

3. Finally, a bit of a secret, Litetouch.vbs doesn't really do much, it just assures that the litetouch.wsf script is running elevated, and the environment is cleaned up. If you can Clean up the machine and manually connect to the deployment share using the "Net.exe Use * \\server\share$ /persistent:No /u:domain\user *" command, you might be able to call "cscript \\server\share$\Scripts\litetouch.wsf" directly.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Thursday, December 18, 2014 3:55 AM
  • 1) The LiteTouch.vbs is run from Normal OS

2) The machine is workgroup machine as Domain Joined machine doesnt meed the requirements for Sysprep. From workgroup the Kerberos Auth is prompted when connecting to the Domain share so i provide my admin creds there

->Finally the issue was that the share was stored in the Registry, previous admin captured the image with the share mounted on. hence it was shown as disconnected. I used Dism to mount the captured Wim and performed the cleanup, and with the next deployment the share was gone.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 9:01 AM