Stop the Printer status check on Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am wondering if the status check of the printer in the "Devices and Printers" can be disabled. 

i know that this feature can enhance the using experience, user can find the “online” and non-“toner low” printers to print, but I also noticed that this periodically check increases the workload of the printer server. Especially for a low performance server handling a lot of terminals and printers. its terrible.

What I want to know is if this checking can be disabled so that maybe this can decrease the utilization of the server. Is there any local policy or registry key to change this??

Please help…. and let me know if my understanding is not correct.

• Edited by kewachan Friday, May 15, 2015 11:02 AM
    Friday, May 15, 2015 10:59 AM

Answers

• Hi,

In my opinion, the status checking belongs to Printer Driver feature, not Windows. there is no way to disable this feature through Windows. Actually, I doesn't find any settings relate with disabling printer status checking.

On the other hand, I don't think this feature could be disabled because it's necessary to keep printer keep working correct.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yolanda Zhu Friday, May 22, 2015 9:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yolanda Zhu Monday, May 25, 2015 8:59 AM
    Monday, May 18, 2015 6:13 AM